Monday, July 25, 2005

I decided this will be the place for some deeper thoughts. I don't normally like deep thoughts, but sometimes they pop up and I don't want to jabber on Thai One On, which is otherwise pretty funny and lighthearted. Thailand is looming. . . .I know I'm trying to do something beneficial for mankind and more intellectually challenging than choosing a shade of pink for my pedicure, but there is this obnoxious little voice in my head that pops up without warning and goes, "But why?" I'm not proud of it, but I've lead a very sheltered and easy and self-centered life until now, and living and working and teaching in Thailand is going to be so, so hard. And I have intellectual answers, the answers I give my parents and their ilk, but I'm still working on answering that question to the satisfaction of the little voice in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home